" Worry comes from the belief you are powerless." -Robert Anthony

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Building Bridges....

life is a raging river
full of cascading waterfalls
rushing over jagged rocks
with time polishing me smooth...

eventually

emptying into calm ponds
of love...

God is the ocean
I am a drop of water
in a tiny tributary
working my way back
home....

I strive to be flexible in spirit
often, rigid in flesh..

I keep returning
to the familiar
 dysfunctional
 suspension bridge
with frayed ropes 
and missing planks

instead of trusting myself
to take a leap of faith..
a different path,
like a felled log
of opportunity,
firm and wide...waiting....
  for me to cross the chasm
of my fears and insecurity...
I can do this....
I can trust my way across...

© dkb

No comments:

Post a Comment